Midnight Oil

Subject: Have I missed something obvious - the meaning of the name The Break?
From: James Warren
Date: 9/09/2013, 3:32 pm
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

If the Oils were to reform, could it be that the name The Break was meant to refer to the awesomeness that happens during their break from the Oils?

I always figured it was a surfing term, but now I have this dangerous optimism about it meaning something else.

Also, please don't take this to mean that I consider The Break to be a compromise of sorts or something inferior. I am quite inspired with the way the guys have spent the last 10 years - Pete learning in a difficult larger pool and Martin, Rob, and Jim innovating with great music. It's good change.

-Jim Warren