Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Rare and candid Jim interview
From: david earle
Date: 14/05/2013, 9:38 am
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au, powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Great interview...though I have to say- Englebert Humperdinck-WTF??? And I'd love 2 know who the potential singers were-Tim Rogers? Chris Cheney? Daniel Johns?.....Bono? Bowie? Willie Nelson? Elvis?

Cheers,
David

From: Frosty ! <frostyvesper@gmail.com>
Subject: [powderworks] Brian Ritchie Podcast
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Hi Workers,

A podcast interview with Brian Ritchie talking music, including The Break

http://www.abc.net.au/local/stories/2013/03/01/3701427.htm

Brian Ritchie

Violent Femmes bassist, Brian Ritchie has been busy with diverse musical projects since moving to Tasmania.

Broadcast date: Friday 01 March 2013
The Violent Femmes came out of Milwaukee in the US in 1980. They were three skinny young guys playing mostly acoustic instruments with passion, humour and rage. They sold millions of albums around the world.
Brian and his wife, renowned entomologist Dr Varuni Kulasekera, moved to Tasmania in 2006.
Since then, Brian has teamed up with former Midnight Oil members Rob Hirst, Jim Moginie and Martin Rosey to form The Break. Their debut album was Church of the Open Sky.
2013 update: Brian's currently touring with the Australian Chamber Orchestra, playing acoustic guitar, in 'The Reef'. His band The Break are touring Australia later in March with Rodriguez (as seen in Oscar award-winning documentary, Searching for Sugarman). The Violent Femmes are reforming for Coachella this year.