Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: Oils Live Book Project
From: "forbsforsco" <forbsforsco@gmail.com>
Date: 9/12/2012, 9:04 pm
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

http://www.setlist.fm/stats/midnight-oil-53d62f9d.html

--- In powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au, stuart@... wrote:

Hi All,

I am a long time member of the list who has lurked while reading the
digest version of Powderworks for about 12 years. As an avid collector of
live music I've always wanted to write a book about one band's live
concert recordings. This has been done with regard to a number of bands.
The Grateful Dead and U2 come to mind as examples.

Other than the Beds are Burning book published in 2004, the Oils are
woefully underrepresented in print. I am embarking on a project where I
hope to compile a resource that will have information about and a review
of every known live recording of Midnight Oil.

I would be grateful for any help that any of you would like to give.
Particularly help with compiling a definitive list of known recordings,
help with getting access to recordings that I do not have (I have
approximately 190 different shows), and help writing reviews of the
recordings. If you are a list member then I don't have to spend any time
explaining the appeal of live Midnight Oil.

If you are interested in being involved in the project, please contact me
directly at stuart@...

Be well,

Stuart