Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Head Injuries
From: "Koala Sprint" <koala.sprint@gmail.com>
Date: 5/12/2012, 1:40 am
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

There's an old song by Eric Bogle, called Red Sales in the Sunset. (I think). He also wrote '...and the band played Waltzing Matilda' (b-side to Surfs up Tonight).

Cheers
Stephen

From: "Jeff and Jane Scott" <jscott@iinet.net.au>
Sender: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 22:54:01 +0800
To: <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>
ReplyTo: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au
Subject: [powderworks] Head Injuries

I heard a story many years ago that the Head Injuries album title came from an incident at a gig where someone threw a beer can at the stage and got Pete in the head.

I have absolutely no idea if that is true or not.

As for Red Sails, “Red Sails In The F***ing Sunset” was part of Pete’s unused vocal rant from Wedding Cake Island.

Jeff