Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] No more rumours, we want facts.
From: James Warren
Date: 27/11/2012, 6:52 am
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

I too am excited about The Break.

If Midnight Oil were to re-form to play live but not record any new albums, I probably won't consider it a vital thing. (And I've been a committed fan for over 20 years.)
What The Break is doing is vital and real, and I think it is a great progression for the band. I really don't want to see a full Midnight Oil that is only living in the past. But new Midnight Oil music picking up where the awesomeness of Capricornia left off would obviously be a great thing.

-Jim W.

On Nov 26, 2012, at 12:27 PM, Jon Mustang wrote:

For almost two years there have been rumours and promises about a long awaited box-set that has not been released, don't get me wrong but the whole thing has been delusional and sometimes dodgy, and the beautiful design of the non-existing box-set that a powderworker found on a designer website some weeks a go was the final straw, gosh, the box design was fantastic! hate to say that, but too good to be true.

 Now it seems that it's turn for rumours about a band reunion. Well, everything is quite confusing and sometimes disappointing, it raises expectations and then nothing, well, a best-of album that now rests in everyone's shelves, but let's face it, just a few are going to play it more than once, not because we don't like it, we love it! but because we already have these songs.

Honestly, I miss the times when the news about the Oils were extremely rare but always based on facts.

The Break's new album is a fact, can't wait!

To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au
From: jbottell@y7mail.com
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 07:16:41 +0000
Subject: [powderworks] Getting the band back toghether?

James Warren
jimcwarren@earthlink.net

- Remember, my friends, it is better to feel fast than to be fast.