Midnight Oil

Subject: Radio National "Rare Oils" Broadcast available at Kickass Torrents
From: "Gary Badger" <garybadger67@yahoo.com.au>
Date: 3/11/2012, 7:29 am

You’ll have seen from my previous message that I recorded last night’s Radio National “Rare Oils” broadcast via digital radio.

Digital radio broadcast signals are compressed, which means even the best sounding audio is lossy. This renders last night’s broadcast unsuitable for sharing at Dime, Trader’s Den, etc. That said, the sound quality is excellent and certainly superior to an mp3 @ 96kbps download available from the Radio National site.

I noticed that The Zomb torrent site had an upload option for digital radio recordings. So assuming this meant that lossy digital radio recordings were permitted, I shared it there last night and circulated the link amongst powderworkers. Overnight it was downloaded multiple times before being removed for being lossy. Go figure.

So I’ve now shared at Kickass Torrents, which has no such restrictions. You can download it from here:

https://kat.ph/midnight-oil-2009-03-12-13-royal-theatre-canberra-act-australia-t6788863.html

Enjoy!

Cheers,

Gary.