Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Re: Oils special
From: James Warren
Date: 13/10/2012, 8:14 am
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Midnight Oil

The "Beds Are Burning" book tells some bummer stories about that 1993 period for the band in the US, when they were just so awesome but getting no love from the record company. I saw them 3 times in '93 and '94. They were great.

The guys were also trying to raise families and meanwhile busting their asses touring the US and getting weak record company support that in no way matched the quality of their music. I remember wondering in '93 why they were not taking off in popularity. It bummed me out at the time.  Then after '94, they barely came back again until 2001. Who can blame them if it would take such a toll on family life and not yield what they deserved professionally?