Midnight Oil

Subject: RE: [powderworks] Re: Essential Oils
From: "oilyshark" <oilyshark@optusnet.com>
Date: 20/09/2012, 7:13 am

I’m with Patrick, Adrian and Chris. It’s gone from a boxset to another best of. I wouldn’t of thought anyone on this list was hanging out for another best of so bit surprised that some are so excited…. but hey everyone to themselves. Maybe if there had been no mention of the boxset then this release may have been met with more excitement but from the overall responses from this list it is nothing short of disappointing. Remember we are the hardcore fans, the ones that went and saw the band time and time again (53 times for me), bought the CD’s, singles, T shirts, books, posters etc. This release is not directed at us it’s to all those that liked the band or knew them and may have an album or two or may have seen them a couple of times. After 10 years since they broke up this is what they come up with?  My gut feeling now is the boxset will either be years away or not at all….. it feels like this release will take the wind out of the boxset.

Anyways cause I’m a huge fan I will still buy the CD…but I won’t be buying the fan pack one so I can go to Woolies with my new bag and put my bacon and eggs in it. Couldn’t they have made more of an effort and ensured that the fan pack was just that…something to offer us hardcore fans like has been previously suggested by virtually everyone on this list…releases we haven’t heard, of demos, or films etc.

It appears that the band are always worried about “the quality” and will it stack up against stuff already released. Well us fans aren’t as concerned. I love those demo CD’s of red sails and head injuries so what’s the big deal about releasing some demos off 10 9 8 or blue sky?  In their career the Oils always put their fans as priority and their integrity has never been questioned…so here’s their chance to return us all who are crying out for unreleased material or live shows and what do we get?  Another best of.

Peter