Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Re: Essential Oils
From: "The Oilman" <TheOilman@new.rr.com>
Date: 20/09/2012, 1:59 am

Much agree Tim, as with all Oils, I am buying (pre-order) but I just wish the Oils would take more of a lesson from New Model Army, Justin is always putting out new items, lots of live albums, DVDs, B-sides, jewelry, shirts, etc. They really make a lot of items available to fans.

With no US dates this year, I may have to consider flying to England for the annual Xmas shows!

I will always hold out hope for the box set with rarities as well as the off chance that the politics have Pete's guts burning and fires him up to sing about it. I have no doubt that Rob and Jim have Oils songs in their hip pockets for the off chance that they get to make another disc.

Long Live the Oils,

Todd (The Oilman)

I don't think I can attach pictures but I'll try, this is the picture that the band signed for me that Rob talks about on page 153 of Willies Bar and Grill, I brought it to Minneapolis for them to sign. Wish I would have in Madison the day before but I didn't know I was getting backstage passes to that one, thanks to Liquid8! Nothing funnier than telling Martin, hey I have a picture I want you to sign tomorrow, he asks what its of, I said an old picture with him with a beard to which he replies "oh, you are thinking of Jim" and I tell him, "No, Jim has a beard in it too, and Pete's got hair, its you alright" and he looks at me stunned, and starts to chuckle with some sort of reply like "that must be one really OLD picture!!". Yep, 1977