Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Fwd: Essential Oils
From: "Koala Sprint" <koala.sprint@gmail.com>
Date: 14/09/2012, 12:58 am
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

I'm sure this is the reason the boxset was postponed.
This set fits the 'Essential' series which always include the hits and never have rare or unreleased tracks. I'll keep my money in my boxset moneybox this time and wait for the budget price for the essential collection.

Regardless, it's nice to see movement in the Oil camp, stoking the flame.

For any Hunters & Collectors fans who thought their boxset (Horn of Plenty) marked the end of them, head over to http://www.humanfrailty.com.au/audio/index.htm where a stash of hundreds of live/studio cassettes/cd's have been unearthed and one track per week is teasingly posted. So far we've had unusual live versions of known songs but also unreleased songs that no one knew existed (even the band had forgotten their existence).

Cheers

Stephen

From: Bawolski <bawolski@aol.com>
Sender: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 10:39:56 -0400 (EDT)
To: <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>
ReplyTo: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

I can see putting out a comprehensive hits collection, but I would have expected this back in 2003 or 2004, right after the band disbanded.  Kind of odd to wait 10 years to do this.
What I'm wondering is how will this impact the Box Set?

Mike

De : Stephan Jänsch <stephan.jaensch@googlemail.com>
À : Powderworks <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>
Envoyé le : Jeudi 13 septembre 2012 13h44
Objet : [powderworks] Fwd: Essential Oils

Here's the notification and some additional news from the Office:

We are announcing the release of 'Essential Oils' - the band's own pick
of their musical legacy. It is a collection of 36 tracks (the maximum
they could fit on 2CD's) which they have chosen because these songs mean
something special to them - through their writing and recording and also
through sharing them with their incredible live audience.

The Oils have been hands on in putting this release together and in
their choice of artwork. All tracks up to and inc. Blue Sky are
remastered on disc for first time, there's a free download of 'Read
About It' from Canberra on the website, a T shirt and handy tote bag
too. Interviews, (even the odd one with Pete), liners by David Fricke,
band musings. It's going to be fun.

You'll all be wondering about Canberra, given there's a remixed track on
the website. Phil McKellar has mixed a few tracks (not all, just a few
the band chose) and there will be a chance to hear them on a special
radio doco day of release. That won't be announced for a while -
details to follow.

Thanks to all the list for hanging in there through the drought.

We hope you enjoy 'Essential Oils'.

Gtx,

Stephan