Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Real Things Lyrics
From: Kevin Yates
Date: 7/07/2012, 9:33 am
To: "powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au" <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>

I'd always heard;

'From dust you come, from death you run�
When it all is said and done,
You gotta be the real thing,
Yeaaaaggghhhh!'

No idea on the first lines.

I don't mind the version of the Real Thing, good song to play, but in the grand scheme didn't think it made much sense.

Funny thought looking back to Loves on Sale - 'Why worry about the Real Thing?'

Indeed.

Kev

From: Tom Spencer <tr_espen@yahoo.com.au>
Date: Saturday, 7 July 2012 9:05 AM
To: "powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au" <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>

Howdy.

My guess would be "Don't waste space. Leave your lover at Poseidon's Gate. The boys and girls are gonna' solve the race, from dust to dawn gonna' make you run. When all's been said and done, ya' gotta' be The Real Thing".

Cheers,

Tom
Brisbane