Midnight Oil

Subject: RE: [powderworks] Box Set Delayed, still time to make suggestions?
From: Michael Blackwood
Date: 16/01/2012, 10:40 pm
To: Oils Powderworks

Bummer of a delay, but does this mean there's time enough that we can pass on suggestions via your contact @ The Office?  Because I'd LOVE it if they included a multi-disk compilation of ALL the officially-released non-album tracks: The B-sides (one disk each for studio/live/remix), the singles that are different edits or mixes from the album versions, and their compilation appearances (Alternative NRG, DEADicated, etc).

And of course any unreleased songs from live recordings (like Turn My Head Around, Disco Cretin parts 1 & 2, etc) or from demos/recording sessions (like I Want To Live Here, Khartoum, etc) would be fantastic.  Likewise live versions that differ significantly from the album/studio versions, such as Land, The Dead Heart as played on the Breathe tour, etc.

If they figure this is a bit much to put into the box set, here's my BIG suggestion:  Put all that stuff together digitally, and include a code in the box set that allows for access to download high-quality files of the songs.  That way every Oils fan can get access to whatever rarities they want, to "customize" their copy of the box set to their own tastes.  It would also lower production costs and the use of materials, too...

Anyway, that would be my ideal version of the MO Box Set

Mike