Midnight Oil

Subject: Fwd: Ken Duncan print on eBay: Unique Collectors Item up for Auction
From: Frosty
Date: 15/10/2011, 1:34 pm
To: Powderworks

-------Original Message-------

Date: 10/15/2011 1:05:50 PM
Subject: Unique Collectors Item up for Auction

Hi,

Over the years I have collected a few very special treasures and I have decided to put some of these up for auction to help finance my work with indigenous youth.

The first of these special treasures is a photographic print of Midnight Oil that has been personally signed by all the band members.

This is one of the most famous photos ever taken of Midnight Oil. The image was taken when I was commissioned by the band to take photos for Rolling Stone Magazine, USA to promote their album, “Blue Sky Mining". When they decided much later to disband Midnight Oil and go their separate ways, they asked me to make 12 prints of this image to give to special people as a memento of the glory days of the band. This image was one of their all-time favourite photos of the band.  One print was given to each of the five band members and the others were given to special people they wanted to thank – including me.  My print is the one that is now up for auction on eBay.

You can take a look at the print on eBay now and place a bid ifyou like.

This prized collector's item is printed on the finest archival quality photographic paper available, and mounted on specially treated aluminium, then sealed with a protective coating to ensure the archival permanence and surface integrity of the print. It is framed with a black moulding and  white archival matt board and finished with optical acrylic for maximum UV protection. The finished frame size is 1040mm wide x 620mm high. This print is also signed on the back by me as the photographer.

_MG_2690

I personally organised and witnessed the signing of these prints at Martin Rotsey’s home when the guys from the band had their final get together as Midnight Oil. It was a sad moment, as I believe Midnight Oil was one of the most amazing bands ever in the world.  To me they are the “Beatles” of Australia.

The auction of this print presents someone with a very rare opportunity to grab a genuine collector’s item that will continue to increase in value as the years go by.

So good luck with your bidding and remember that the funds raised are going to a very worthwhile cause - helping indigenous youth in remote Central Australia.

Enjoy the journey!

KDSIG

Facebook logoFollow us on facebook

Visit our website