Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] NMOC (well, sort of)
From: Chris
Date: 12/09/2011, 6:59 pm
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 5:50 PM, Tom <tr_espen@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-12/caucus-backs-offshore/2881702

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-09-12/ten-years-of-anti-terror-laws/2881034

The interesting question is how did the most politically backward country in the western world produce Midnight Oil?

Because we can only vote for the people that run...which leads to a government which is neither particularly astute nor particularly representative.

(Not that I'd WANT a government that was representative of the Australian people...if the polls are any indication, the average Australian is a lazy self-entitled racist. Even our governments aren't quite as bad as the opinions that come through in the polls)

There's plenty of people who are unsatisfied with the status quo - and it only took 5 of them to form a band ;o)

(Oh, and I'd question the assertion that we're the most politically backwards country - the United States government appears, to the outsider, to be an exercise in corporate funded corruption. Some say that's progress...)

- Chris�