Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] NMOC - Just putting it out there (PGa makes a suggestion on refugees)
From: Miron Mizrahi
Date: 5/09/2011, 10:32 am
To: "powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au" <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>

Midnight Oil

just because he has an opinion which aligns with that of a given faction does not necessarily mean he is aligned to it as well.

to me the whole offshore processing makes no sense. it was instituted by the Howard govt. - IMO - as an "out of sight out of mind" strategy. they were being hammered in the media and to limit media access they went offshore. in hindsight the Nauru option was also illegal since Nauru - afaik - is not a signatory. but more than that, Nauru is dying for us to reopen. why? because the mere presence of the centre there provided a much needed economy. facilities have to be maintained, detainees need feeding, laundry services, power and utilities, etc. I see no reason why our tax dollars should go to Nauru when they can go into the local economy if centres were onshore.

Miron

How could people get so unkind?