Midnight Oil

Subject: RE: [powderworks] Re: Keith had some old tape lying around...
From: John McCrory
Date: 15/06/2011, 9:29 am

Perhaps I have jumped before looking.......I will need to get under the house and find the EP, !!!! sorry didn't really matter where & when its a great version..

To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au
From: hooperadrianr@yahoo.com
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 20:14:42 +0000

Are you sure? I know its the same recording that was used on the Armistice Day B-Side (hence my reference that we've all heard it before) and that is correctly credited to the last JJ concert 18/01/81. Keith Walker who recorded it and posted that version on YouTube also credits it from Parramatta Park. Furthermore, the two bootlegs I have of the gig, one a taping of the radio broadcast, the other a bootleg from an audience member, both have the same unique version of stand in line (the microphonic squeals of feedback from one of the guitars and Moginie's flanger feedback solo are both dead giveaways among other elements). The only rainy day recording from Cronulla I'm aware of (that has vision) is the '82 Wanda Beach gig were they did indeed play SIL but it features Charlie McMahon on didj. Of course I'm sure that wasn't the only rainy day in Cronulla the Oils played! ; ) Perhaps my YouTube link sent you somewhere else?