Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Re: Favourite Oils memorabilia?
From: Stefan Hurzeler9
Date: 26/01/2011, 11:54 pm
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Midnight Oil

My trophies are nothing big, but here goes, n-e ways,
Attached is a pic of yours truly in my Oils cap circa 2002 when Capricornia was new, and I got it on that tour then. (The pic was at a place I was living and working at a place called Star Island (www.starisland.org) when I was on dock watch. Since my job was patrolling the place at night, I would play the Oils in the lobby when I was watching the front desk of the main hotel late at night, and people who had forgotten about, or never heard of the Oils would get sampled quite a bit from me. Good Times).

But I digress-
got a keychain, also from that tour, and a "Blue Sky Mine" sew-on patch I found on ebay.....wish I could find more of those for the other albums. Dunno if this counts, but got the "Breathe" vinyl,  which isn't easy to come by, and a number of rare singles/EP CDs.

I suppose my holy grail would be that "Breathe" surfboard, or other merch related to that album. Also hope to find a poster of the Charles Burns portrait of PG- saw it on ebay once, couldn't afford it then, haven't seen it since, unfortunately.

Although right now I have other more urgent priorities and can't devote energy to chasing down the stuff and collecting. Maybe eventually someday.

-eel