Midnight Oil

Subject: [NMOC] Working in Australia
From: Stephan Jänsch
Date: 23/10/2010, 9:41 pm
To: Powderworks

Dear fellow Powderworkers,

please excuse me for abusing this list for a personal request. However, this list is the best contact I currently have to Australia. I believe some of you work in the environmental sector and I was wondering if you could help me.

I am 34 years old and I'm an environmental engineer from Germany. My wife and I are currently looking for work opportunities in Australia. I have ten years of experience in ecotoxicology, especially the effects of pesticides on earthworms and biological soil quality assessment and I have recently completed my PhD in the latter topic. I am also head of my company's quality assurance unit according to OECD Good Laboratory Practice and ISO 17025.

My wife is 39 years old and has an MSc in environmental geology, specialized in wells management, and is also a chemistry technician, currently also employed in the area of ecotoxicology. It might also be worth mentioning that apart from German and English we both speak Portuguese (and my wife also some Spanish) since my wife is from Brazil (and has both Brazilian and German citizenship).

We have already found the websites of the Australian Pesticides and Veterinary Medicines Authority, CSIRO and the Environmental Jobs Network. If anyone of you could indicate further websites, companies or authorities where it could make sense for us to look for jobs please contact me off list.

Thanks a lot for your attention!

Cheers,

Stephan