Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Flat Chat - worth buying?
From: Chris
Date: 16/10/2010, 9:28 am
To: Michael Blackwood <blackwood_michael@hotmail.com>, Powderworks <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>

OK, because you reminded me, I just went and listened to some of the samples of 10-1 on iTunes - now I've gone and bought that too. They fixed the mix on Maralinga, and someone's put some life back into Only the Strong! Damn, why had I been putting this off?

- Chris

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 10:18 AM, Chris <seeker42@gmail.com> wrote:
The songs on Flat Chat are remastered - the remastering is similar (but not identical, so far as I can tell) to the remasters available for first album through to Diesel and Dust. Those you can find on iTunes.

Personally, I bought the iTunes remasters of Midnight Oil, Head Injuries, Bird Noises, Place Without a Postcard, Red Sails in the Sunset and Species Deceases. I haven't tried the remastered versions of 10-1 or Diesel and Dust.

I would consider the remasters vital for Place Without a Postcard and Bird Noises, and prefer the remasters for the other albums, too.

There are no remasters available for albums newer than Diesel.

So, Flat Chat: Decent mix, but I'm not really into best of compilations. Standout moment is the remastered version of Written in the Heart, so you should probably just go and buy the remaster of Place Without Postcard instead!

The only remastered album available on CD is Diesel and Dust. They can be coaxed out of bandit.fm as 320kbit MP3's, or out of iTunes as 256kbit AAC's. Bandit has both versions available for some albums, just to add to the confusion.

- Chris

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 6:44 AM, Michael Blackwood <blackwood_michael@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hey, Powderworkers!

If you've got all the albums the track are sourced from, is it worth it to buy Flat Chat?� Are the songs remastered?� Is the quality noticeably improved?

Also, is there any Oz online store that's known for good prices and cheap shipping to North America?� (I need to get Best of Both Worlds as well.� I was waiting for a�NTSC release, but it guess it's never gonna happen.)

Mike