Midnight Oil

Subject: RE: [powderworks] 'Record' number of whales sighted near Victorian desal plant
From: "Terry Johnson" <tenacious@cyberback.com>
Date: 13/09/2010, 5:20 am

That is a very interesting story.  Using direct observational evidence, not
anecdotal rumors, to contradict government-funded research!  This is
something I wish could be done more often when big business merges with big
government.

I place a lot of trust in my government officials HITS, but there are times
when I know they're lying to us.  Like, say, the downplaying of the human
impact on global warming during the Bush years.  With corporate handouts
running rampant, the politicians were deaf to the pleas of the
environmentalists.

How can the Aussie politicos ignore such direct evidence as this?  Of
course, from the last line in the article I can infer that nothing has
changed -- and no one will be singled out for the blatant lying that surely
took place during their 'investigation'.

Just something more to get my dander up.

--Terry