Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: NMOC: Yucca Mountain Waste Dump-Looking Dead!
From: "mironmizrahi" <mironmizrahi@yahoo.com>
Date: 7/03/2010, 9:22 am
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

--- In powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au, Robert Daniels <daniels1975@...> wrote:

Not to start a widespread argument here, but I find it hard how somebody can
enjoy listening to the Oils and think that Obama is left of Marx!  Do those
folks not read the lyrics and understand where the Oils are coming from?

I knew somebody a few years ago who was a huge Oils fan and a raging
Republican - seems kind of odd to me, but that's just my point of view.

i dont find this surprising at all. frankly, most people's political views are driven not by principles but by the one practicality - "how much money is in my back pocket". i am sure that there are plenty of republicans out there who want to save the environment, protect human rights, etc. They just dont see why they should pay for it. an american friend of mine once called this "fiscal republicanism". conversely there are people on the other side of the spectrum who dont get the fact that we cant protect every blade of grass. i just think there are a lot more of the former than the latter

Rob