Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Shameless....
From: RM
Date: 4/03/2010, 11:24 am
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

SS said: ‘I had met my birth family and found they were Irish. Inspired by that culture, and tuning into those voices, this record came into being.’
Moginie is adopted but has always felt Irish. Perhaps the Celtic look of him gave it away every time he looked in the mirror – but it was only in recent times that he finally met up with his birth family where the immediate sense of at homeness was as comfortable as his old Aran sweater.

Wow.  Fancy someone mega famous turing up one day and introducing themselves like that (yes I'm pretty sure adoption reunions are mutually agreed first, but still ...)
"So one day we found out we had a long lost brother ... and it turned out to be Jim Moginie ... "

Awesome!

And I know adoption reunions are most often happy just being regular people ... but still ... OMG it's JM!  :)   It's a funny world.  Reminds me of Love Actually.

Cheers to all you in the beautiful world of magical experiences out there.

RM

On 4/03/2010 1:25 AM, Kate Adams wrote:
From the link:
"the immediate sense of at homeness was as comfortable as his old Aaron sweater"

This made me laugh - but only because I cycled the Aran Isles off Western Ireland with my family last summer while staying in Doolin, and am currently wrapped up in a wonderful Aran wool shawl/cape that I bought on Inishmor.
-Kate
On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 9:46 AM, hotlittlejorge <hotlittlejorge@yahoo.com> wrote:
First The Break, now... THIS!

My cup runneth over!

http://www.reverberama.com.au/news.html

<*> Your email settings:
   Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
   (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
   powderworks-digest@yahoogroups.com.au
   powderworks-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com.au

<*> Your use of Yahoo!7 Groups is subject to:
   http://au.docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/