Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] NMOC: Risk and incompetence
From: Kate Adams
Date: 25/02/2010, 12:11 pm
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

I probably really shouldn't comment on this in terms of science and policy ... but I have been reading about it and the more I see the more it smacks of the kind of bully and "identity" politics we are seeing in the US - it isn't about truth, it isn't about good policy, it's about getting the other guy and winning!

On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 6:10 PM, Tom <tomspencer@eml.cc> wrote:

Crikey claims the Govt insulation program actually reduced the rate of installation-caused fires.��

Further, that there has been gross negligence by journalists from both Uncle Rupert Murdoch and� Aunty (ABC).

http://blogs.crikey.com.au/pollytics/2010/02/24/risk-and-incompetence-in-an-insulated-media/