Midnight Oil

Subject: RE: [powderworks] The Break
From: "Jeff and Jane Scott" <jscott@iinet.net.au>
Date: 31/01/2010, 3:11 pm
To: "'toby_on_tour'" <toby_on_tour@yahoo.co.uk>, <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>

-----Original Message-----
From:  toby_on_tour

I'm quite excited about The Break. I never got to see
Midnight Oil live and it just so happens that I'm backpacking
up the East Coast of Oz and so my cousin in Sydney is getting
us tickets. I'll need to detour from Brisbane to Sydney and
back but it will be worth it (I'll be good and carbon offset
my flights).

I guess it's the closest I'm ever likely to get to seeing the
Oils live as I can't see Garrett leaving politics anytime soon.

It'll probably be easier to get to chat to the guys at this show than it was
at the Oils gigs too.  (i.e. they'll probably be packing away their own gear
from the stage afterwards!)  So make sure you take the chance to say g'day,
they are very approachable guys.  (I've never met Jim, but Rob and Martin
were very happy to chat after Hirst and Greene or Ghostwriters gigs)

jeff...