Midnight Oil

Subject: could this be coincidental?
From: Eel Bonjack
Date: 21/01/2010, 2:20 pm
To: 'Powderworks' <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>

Like just about all of us, I would imagine, I am thrilled for this new line-up. I'm a little disappointed about the loss of lyrics, but definitely will give it a chance. Although I never had any particular aversion of it, I was never a fan of surf guitar music-with one exception-Man of Astro Man? Surf guitar with an outer-space theme-and like the Oils, my one time seeing them was in Vermont- They are in my personal canon like the Oils, obviously, but the timing of this that is amazing is that MOAM? was on hiatus for the past decade but are finally resurfacing (just as "The Break" is about to debut):

http://www.blurt-online.com/news/view/3265/

as somebody once said, "When two seemingly unrelated elements collide like this, one must pay the strictest of attention"