Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Re: Beds Are Burning (Dry River Bed) Video
From: "Magnus Holmgren" <oznut@swipnet.se>
Date: 4/10/2009, 5:26 am

I agree with you Stephan.

I'm impressed that they (who produced it?) have managed to turn Beds into a well-produced pop song with an interesting arrangement and keeping the essence of the song. Given the conditions I doubt if it could have come out any better than this. I have played it to some friends who are not Oils fans, and they are pleasantly surprised. Who knows, this might actually get airplay?

Look up the horrible dance cover by Novaspace (it's on Spotify and also on youtube) and compare!

The big downside to me is the line-up. Haven't heard of 75% of the artists before.

Magnus