Midnight Oil

Subject: LMOC: Local music offer
From: Margaret Benzer
Date: 4/10/2009, 9:16 am
To: "powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au" <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>

Back in March, I was bummed that I couldn't listen to the Bushfire concerts online as I had a show at which I was the treasurer and couldn't miss.  Since then, I have been doing my best to collect the shows that people have been offering.

Around the same time, I had received a friend request for My Space for a band from Tucson, ninety minutes away from my house.  I added them as I liked the sound that they had on their page.  I looked at their influences and discovered that Midnight Oil was on that list.  I also found that they had a CD release party coming up.  I offered to make a copy of the CDs from the Canberra show for the person who liked Midnight Oil.  Well, I went to the concert and fell in love.  It turns out it was the main singer who loves Midnight Oil.

The band's name is Ryanhood.  They played a new song (not on the album) called "Second City" and said it was about the Chicago fire and how the people rebuilt it.  As I listened, I realized that the lyrics could also apply to those Australians affected by the fires earlier this year.  Imagine my happiness when they put it up on their webpage (http://www.myspace.com/ryanhood).  I thought to share it with members of this list as so many of the people on this list have been friends to me over the years.

I have been introduced to many new artists because of the list members, and now I would like to do the same.  Ryanhood is an accoustic duo, playing what can best be described as the acoustic Arizona sound.  The name comes from their names:  Ryan Green and Cameron Hood.  (Ryan looks a lot like Jim at that age.)  So I invite everyone to check them out.  I have an offer of two CDs for one person from Australia/New Zealand and another for someone from Europe.  If you want a copy, let me know.  These are not bootlegs; I bought extras to share the good music.  They also have a download album  from their website http://www.ryanhood.com that is available for anyone who wants to sign up for their mailing list.  They are touring the US right now.  I want to see them make it worldwide.

Thanks for letting me get this out there,

Margaret

I'm not shirking housework..............I'm just waiting for my little animal friends.