Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Frontier...what frontier
From: Stephan Jänsch
Date: 22/08/2009, 7:57 pm
To: Powderworks

It has been published on the Australian CD single to White Skin Black Heart (catalogue 664988 2), a French promo-CD called 20,000 Watt Sampler (SAMPCM4721) and a sampler called Where 2 Now? (ODCD-0277). An interesting piece but rather difficult to listen to. It's basically an instrumental with samples from the mentioned documentaries.

Cheers,

Stephan

S GL schrieb:

Hello workers,

I heard somewhere some time ago that the Oils have a work titled "Frontier... what frontier" using pieces of a documentary aired by ABC, with striking excerpts about when the Brits came to Australia, dealing with the meaning of "occupation", etc.

How accurate is this? I have searched a number of places but can't seem to find the exact information. I would really like to know details about this work and even read its lyrics. Anyone can help? Also, can anyone tell me the name of that "occupied land" law?

Cheers.

--
"We carry in our hearts the true country
And that cannot be stolen