Midnight Oil

Subject: NMOC - Any chance you can identify these Aussie songs?
From: "hotlittlejorge" <hotlittlejorge@yahoo.com>
Date: 21/08/2009, 7:58 am
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Several years back while driving from Melbourne to Brisbane I found a great radio show that showcased old Australian folk / country music.  Two songs really jumped out at me, though with one hand on the wheel I was only able to take bare notes.  Lyrics searches have proven fruitless for obvious reasons....

Song 1 - "Northern New South Wales" is my best guess at a title - a really twangy old number in the vein of vintage country / western music.  The vocalist sounded a bit like Dom Turner....

Song 2 - "Run With Willie" was a phrase repeated a good amount, the song was a bit more up tempo than the song above.

I know these are bare bones clues at best, but on the chance that they are Aussie standards or known to someone on the list I thought I'd take a shot.  Any notion about the song titles, sources or artists would be much appreciated!

Thank you!