Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Re: Breathe
From: Glitch Baby
Date: 1/08/2009, 2:23 am
To: Powderworks List

Breathe came out right during the time I was meeting/falling in love with my husband.  The first Christmas we were together, the gift I made for him was the lyrics to "Time to Heal" done up in calligraphy and framed.  For a long time after our divorce I couldn't listen to Breathe because of the bittersweet memories it brought up for me.  Now that I can listen to it again, the lyrics to "Time to Heal" have even more meaning than they ever did before, because of what they used to mean and because of what he and I went through since that time..

As someone who moved from place to place every few years of my childhood, and therefore has no roots or "home," the song "Home" means so much to me, almost as if it were written using my thoughts.

I love the whole album, although I can see why some people don't.  It shows a different side of MO that possibly even all the band members weren't really comfortable with, but it showcases another aspect of their abilities and personalities.

-Sena

There is no slogan that can feed you.