Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Re: Malcolm Burn - Breathe producer
From: koala sprint
Date: 30/07/2009, 7:30 pm
To: Tom Spencer
CC: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Here's the correct songwriting credits for Breathe

1.	"Underwater" Midnight Oil
2.	"Surf's up Tonight" Garrett/Moginie
3.	"Common Ground" Garrett/Moginie
4.	"Time to Heal" Midnight Oil
5.	"Sins of Omission" (Burn, Midnight Oil)
6.	"One Too Many Times" Moginie
7.	"Star of Hope" Moginie
8.	"In the Rain" Garrett
9.	"Bring on the Change" Garrett/Moginie
10.	"Home" (featuring Emmylou Harris) Moginie
11.	"E-beat" Garrett/Moginie
12.	"Barest Degree" Hirst/Hillman
13.	"Gravelrash" Midnight Oil

No wonder Rob was not happy with this record. Forgetting the band
efforts, he only gets one songwriting credit.

Going back over previous posts, One Too Many Times pops up more often
than any other Oils song on peoples worst Oils song list.
Taking it out of the album, and making it a 12 track would make
wonders for the album flow. Putting it bang slap in the middle of the
album really spoils it for me. Of course the worst Oils track still
trumphs most of the crap out here today.

Stephen

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 3:21 AM, Tom Spencer<tomspencer@eml.cc> wrote:

Dear Koala

I recall that Bones had a credit on "Barest Degree"; a top track.

Incidentally, a friend to whom I'd mentioned Peter Gifford's
contribution to "Short Memory" as described in Mark Dodshon's "Beds are
Burning" book, replied with this praise:

"so Giffo, 2 shit hot guitarists, Hirst on drums, and a frontman to end
all frontmen, kinda' like lighting striking 3 or 4 times".