Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Matchbox tribute trucks
From: Chris
Date: 29/07/2009, 10:51 pm
To: Stephan Jänsch
CC: Powderworks <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>

I thought for a moment that they might be official, because I
recognised the weirdly coloured artwork - then I remembered that was
because it's (partially) mine - I posted it to the list a few years
ago along with a few wallpapers. The photo, obviously, isn't mine, but
the colouring (which, in retrospect, is pretty odd) is.

I think they still pop up pretty close to the top of a google images
search, although I haven't looked in a while.

- Chris

On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 9:53 PM, Stephan Jänsch<stephan.jaensch@gmx.net> wrote:
Recently there are some Oils Matchbox tribute trucks occasionally
popping up on ebay, e.g.:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200367029201&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:AU:1123

These do not seem to be official Matchbox releases. Does anyone have any
idea about the origin of these trucks? Are they simply fan-made or is
there some kind of Matchbox custom shop selling them? Are they in any
way officially licensed merchandise?

Cheers,

Stephan

Yahoo!7 Groups Links