Midnight Oil

Subject: RE: [powderworks] DVD of NY River Runs Red show (Exxon Protest)
From: JEREMY BAUER
Date: 28/06/2009, 8:38 am
To: <stephan.jaensch@gmx.net>, <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>

Stephan,

I would gladly make a DVD copy for Mike.  However, I'm getting married tomorrow ('gulp'!) and heading to Ireland for two weeks (yay)! If someone has not spoken up by the time I get back I will get a DVD copied and mailed off...

Jeremy

P.S. Did the Oils ever play in Ireland?  I'm taking whistles and spoons and my wife is taking her hard shoes for some percussive Irish dance in the pubs...should be a blast :-)

To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au
From: stephan.jaensch@gmx.net
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 20:15:08 +0200

The disc is in PAL I'm afraid. Would the US Powderworker that was last
in line to receive a copy of those I sent to the States please stand up
and make a copy for Michael?! That would be fair. If he remains seated
just get back to me, Michael ;).

As far as I know Laserdiscs while digitally stored are mostly analog
coded so you wouldn't find 'files' on it if you could get a computer to
access the disc which I doubt is even possible. The way my copy was
transferred was by plugging a Laserdisc player to a computer video
input. I don't know any details, e.g. if it was an optical interface, as
I had someone to do the job for me but I don't have the contact anymore.
All I can say is that there's no visible loss of quality compared to my
VHS copy.

Cheers,

Stephan