Midnight Oil

Subject: One of Those Moments
From: "magoo6971" <garvin.francis@health.gov.au>
Date: 25/06/2009, 10:42 am
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

On the bus home the other evening, listening to local FM station who do a regular album spotlight about 5.30pm, often throwing up some great music, sometimes not too.  However, on this occasion it was pure gold.  The album spotlight this afternoon was on Red Sails in the Sunset.  At a school excursion/surfing/beach day in 1984 thi salbum was my first real introduction to the Oils.  the Year 10 boys of the day had a tape and played it all day.  As a teen discovering his music influence, this day marked a dawn of the obsession with the Oils.

Anywa, got carried away with nostalgia there, the other evening RSitS was potlighted and they kicked of the three track review with When the Generals Talk, following that was Kozsiousko and wrapped it with BoBW.  Suffice to say that anyone looking at me on the bus would have thought I'd lost my mind but damn it was good.  Yep I know there are other great songs on this album, but for mainstream radio to crank these out was just brilliant, on a dark, cold, foogy Canbeera evening.

Garv