Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: Midnight Oil and Warumpi Band - Melbourne, 7th March 1987 PAL DVD in DIME
From: "Seeker" <seeker42@gmail.com>
Date: 10/06/2009, 10:51 am
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Seconded - probably the best video of the Oils available aside from the Best of Both Worlds release.

Which brings up a question, actually: What other complete or near-complete shows are available out there in video form? I'm aware of (and have marked with a * those I have/shortly will have):

Saturday Night at the Capitol *
Oils on the Water *
RMIT 1987 *
Sound Relief
Waveaid
The currently circulating vid from Canberra 2009 *
The Spectrum, Montreal *
Intimate and Interactive, Toronto
MTV Unplugged (well, sorta-near-complete...) *

If anyone would like to help me out with getting any of the shows I haven't go, I'll happily trade for:

- Blanks and postage
- the RMIT show
- the Canberra show
- MTV Unplugged (the common incomplete version, not the mythical one)
- the Backsliders DVD I circulated a while back
- any of the Finn Brothers / Crowded House stuff I also collect

Just give me a holler. I'd particularly like to have the DVD version of Sound Relief, which I haven't seen yet. Torrenting is great, but I pay excess usage fees after 7 gig per month, and I use over 6 without torrenting anything at all.

- Chris

--- In powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au, "Gary Badger" <garybadger67@...> wrote:

Hi All,

Not sure if this is well known or not, but this great gig is available on DIME in DVD format:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=179962

Just finished downloading and enjoying.

Cheers,
Gary.