Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] No Man's Land / Gaia
From: Poudouvrier
Date: 11/04/2009, 8:32 pm
To: Powderworks

Hi Sena.

I bought that album back in 2003 for two specific reasons :
- It has the first unreleased song from Midnight Oil since they broke up
- The money goes to "La Charte des Urgences Planétaires pour l'Environnement", an ecologic foundation.

I don't really like the other artists on that album, but who cares?
I did a good action I think.

If you don't buy it for the artists, do it for the planet!

The snippet of Neil Armstrong’s voice when he landed on the moon in 1969 is the intro of the Oils song called 'No man's land'.
The booklet has a small picture of The Oils with Alan Simon (the french songwriter of the song) taken in Sydney august 29, 2002.
There is also a quick text of Alan telling the three days he spent with The Oils for the recording of the song. Just great!

Cheers,
Jeremie.

Sena wrote :

I just got the No Man's Land single without having first done any research (typical)
I now see that it is from the Gaia album.
Does anyone own the whole album and if so, is it any good? Is it worth buying? I didn't see any other artists on there that really light my fire but doesn't mean I wouldn't like it. :-)
Thanks!
-Sena
/Don't leave your heart in a hard place./