Midnight Oil

Subject: RE: [powderworks] Fw: Sound Relief
From: matt richards
Date: 9/04/2009, 10:50 am
To: <ashokachowta@optusnet.com.au>, <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>

they actually opened with Lucky country , into No time for games into Short memory... amazing start

To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au
From: ashokachowta@optusnet.com.au
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 10:26:15 +1000
Subject: Re: RE: [powderworks] Fw: Sound Relief

They played Lucky Country?, cool.

Unfortunately Short Memory was removed from Youtube, I don't know why but I was so glad to hear Progress, Truganini and one other song that I can't remember. It was great that they play No Time For Games. I was thinking to myself if they were gonna play a song that old then they should have been able to play Used and Abused or at least cold cold change. I had a similiar thought with Redneck Wonderland except replace the word "old" with "later"

> matt richards <wickedtrack@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> They did play short memory the night before in Canberra... as well as
> lucky country, Armistace Day, progress and Some Kids which was a pretty
> special gig actually. To end with Sometimes was pretty fitting aswell..
>
> Unfortunately they only had 30 mins and an encore...
> i was preying for Hercules myself but it didn't come up either night.
>
> cheers
>
> matt

> > From: ashokachowta@optusnet.com.au
> > Date: Tue, 7 Apr 2009 23:59:38 +1000
> > Subject: Re: [powderworks] Fw: Sound Relief
> >
> > great thanks, this is the second time they didnt play short memory at
> a benefit gig, wave aid and now sound relief, damn
> >

> > > sena_mf@yahoo.com wrote:
> > >
> > > Ashoka - I believe Sound Relief was filmed but no official word has
> come
> > > out yet about a DVD. Here's the set list:
> > >
> > > Redneck Wonderland
> > > Read About It
> > > Blue Sky Mine
> > > Advance Australia Fair
> > > One Country
> > > Beds Are Burning
> > > King of the Mountain
> > > The Dead Heart
> > > Power & the Passion
> > > Best of Both Worlds
> > > Sometimes (encore)
> > >
> > > -S.
> > >

> > > Don't leave your heart in a hard place.
> > >
> > > --- On Sat, 4/4/09, ashokachowta@optusnet.com.au
> > > <ashokachowta@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> > >

> > > From: ashokachowta@optusnet.com.au <ashokachowta@optusnet.com.au>
> > > Subject: Sound Relief
> > > To: "Sena" <sena_mf@yahoo.com>
> > > Date: Saturday, April 4, 2009, 10:17 PM
> > >

> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Hey I've been pretty quiet lately haven't watching whats been said
> in
> > > powderworks but has it mentioned by anyone that a DVD of Sound
> Relief
> > > will be released?
> > >
> > > Does anyone know what songs they performed at the show other than
> 'blue
> > > sky mine' and 'redneck wonderland'?
> > >
> > > - Ashoka

> YouTube???

Get the new Windows Live Messenger. Looking for a fresh way to share photos?