Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: H&C et al
From: "petert232323" <petert23@comcast.net>
Date: 21/03/2009, 3:01 am
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Was the whole Hunnas set FM broadcast or TV broadcast?  I'm stoked to hear The Slab!  Only got the four songs in the FM torrent on Dime...  Sorry about forwarding that notice from the Dime Mod twice, but I was stoked to see that it worked, that we generated enough response to have the torrents un-banned.  I love Dime, but boy, their mods are twitchy... probably for good reason...  I live in the States now, but I lived in Sydney during the seventies and early 80s.  And Dime has brought back to me SO MANY of my early concert experiences in Sydney, at the Randwick Racecourse and Hordern Pavillion.  I think I've scored recordings of shows I saw by Yes, The Stones, Led Zeppelin, Jeff Back and Jan Hammer, Bob Marley, Frank Zappa, Black Sabbath, Echo and the Bunnymen, Talking Heads, The Cure... just an endless list of great recordings.  So ya gotta love Dime and the internet community... now, who's got that sweet recording of the Cat Stevens Zimmering tour of 1973?  Or that great ELO show?  Or Wishbone Ash?  My my, so many good concerts back then...  Cheers!

From:   http://www.humanfrailty.com.au/news/index.htm

14 March 2009 - Sound Relief Set List

The mighty Hunters performed seven songs...

01 Introduction (Assault on Precinct 13)
02 When the River Runs Dry
03 Do You See What I See
04 Blind Eye
05 Say Goodbye
06 Holy Grail
07 Throw Your Arms Around Me
08 encore break
09 The Slab

Looking through their singles anthology on humanfrailty.com.au, for them
to pick another pop song for the set, they could probably have chosen from:
Everythings on Fire (um, no!)
Where do you go?
Head Above Water

Either of those two would have met the public's approval, but really I'm
pretty happy they did The Slab and confused the public.  The public
deserves it.  :D
There's an long list of just-off-the-charts stuff they could have played
that the public would have been confused by.  I'd have been happy if
they'd played Dog!   Biiiig fat bassline again. Vaguely inscrutable lyrics.

RM