Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Any Aussie DimeADozen members: Aus TV Question
From: RM
Date: 20/03/2009, 11:06 am
To: petert232323
CC: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

See the Foxtel package sales page:

http://www.foxtel.com.au/packagescentral.htm

It gives V and Max as being standard inclusions.
If they're not standard inclusions then Foxtel would be required to justify why it is not false advertising to the ACCC.   I don't have Foxtel so I have no direct experience to cite.  A friend has Fox, which has V and Max, and I don't consider them to be likely to have paid for anything other than the basic inclusions (they're philosophical frugalists, they only have Fox to get the free-to-air channels because they're in a weak signal broadcast area).

RM

petert232323 wrote:
G'day.  DimeADozen just banned the Sound Relief videos currently torrenting, Oils and Enz... Now I found this question.  I suspect if the Administrator gets the right answer, the torrents may be permitted after all (and I still need to get The Enz, and some Hunnas, and as much else as I can see!).  So if you are a member, and know the answer, here's the question:

"We're getting conflicting information from users writing to the mod
desk, and the varying uses of the same terms in differing countries are
confusing the issue when we try to research the matter.

Are Australian TV channels V and MAX what an American would call premium
channels, such that to receive them you have to pay extra to your cable
or satellite company beyond the standard package?"

To reply, you have to be a member and use this link: