Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] From Jim´s blog
From: Robert Daniels
Date: 17/03/2009, 11:27 pm
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

The last paragraph is very interesting.� Let's hope that Jim has a say in seeing those get out.� It's also clear that he still loves being and playing in the Oils.

Rob

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 5:58 AM, Aliester Crowley <aliestercrowleyy@hotmail.com> wrote:

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.viewcustom&friendId=159495515&blogId=477026920&swapped=true

The Oils got back together for a rare appearance at Sound Relief, The benefit staged for the victims of the devastation caused by the Victorian bushfires. It was a HUGE show. The bigness of it was just... enormous. Of course it has been reported in all the mainstream media in much more detail than this blog, with lots of opinions and hoohah, but it raised 5 million dollars for the most worthy of causes so that's what counts.
It was a hell of a long way from playing the Hopetoun. I'd like to see 81,000 people fit in there.
We warmed up in Canberra's Royal Theatre in the two days before the big gig. It was fun to see everyone again who make the band tick onstage and off, and make that glorious racket that is, and was, the Oils. On the downside it was a tad surreal and nostalgic, and knowing that this could be the last time we gather the clan, although I thought Wave Aid was the final nail. And that we had all inexorably moved on. Don't know if anyone in the audience felt that, leave comments on this blog if you did. Hard not to smile though when you observe the joy on the faces of the audience (some of them really young) when the well known songs kicked in. I especially enjoyed playing the 'Capricornia' songs and 'Surfs Up', they never got much of a run and felt really fresh.
The shows were recorded for posterity on the SOS mobile and filmed by our friends Youth and Danny amongst others so hopefully there'll be something to look at and listen to in the future.

Nuevo Windows Live, un mundo lleno de posibilidades Desc�brelo.