Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: Canberra 12/3 - setlist ... sort of
From: "kazgar01" <kazgar01@yahoo.com>
Date: 13/03/2009, 1:34 am
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

I'd missed the start of the setlist, but with the stuff here, i can hopefully correctly order the middle section.

redneck wonderland
brave faces
dreamworld
under the overpass
blue sky mine
only the strong
when the generals talk
golden age
read about it
river runs red
bullroarer
power & the passion
one country
luritja way
king of the mountain
dead heart
beds are burning
best of both worlds

encore 1
truganini
too much sunshine
forgotten years

encore 2
in the valley
sometimes

--- In powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au, Thomas Lienenbröker <thomas.lienenbr@...> wrote:

Just reading the few reports brings me (quote Hunters & Collectors
here) true tears of joy!

You lucky people being there, I know what it feels like and I am happy
for you!

Now off to surfing the net to see if I can find some footage on
YouTube already ;-)

Cheers,
-Thomas

Am 12.03.2009 um 13:51 schrieb Miron Mizrahi:

well ... i was typing the set list into my phone all night long only
to find it has vanished when i got home

bottom line - similar setlist to Manly. here is what i recall

redneck wonderland
brave faces
dreamworld
--- from here on in no order
under the overpass
blue sky mine
only the strong
when the generals talk
power & the passion
luritja way
golden age
one country
river runs red
bullroarer
read about it
--- end of no order section
king of the mountain
dead heart
beds are burning
best of both worlds

encore 1
truganini
too much sunshine
forgotten years

encore 2
in the valley
sometimes

a few small goofs (pete dropping the mic while talking and bones
starting a chorus line too early) but the guys seemed to be having
lots of fun. pete was on fire, smiling, chatting to the guys on
stage, interacting with the crowd. he really seemed to be enjoying
himself quite a bit. rob was driving hard as usual, also smiling a
lot. so was bones. martin and jim never known for being overly
expressive but moving quite a bit with martin crossing the stage to
the other side several times

the songs were hard ones mixed with soft ones. i dont think pete can
rock as hard as he used to and on bobw he was visibily puffed at the
end and was indicating to the crowd that his heart is pumping. but
when he did rock it was the same old pete

rehearsal, shmehearsal - it was like they had been playing since 2002

off to bed

Miron

How could people get so unkind?