Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Sorry, boys, no time to rehearse- from Saturday's Age.
From: Thomas Lienenbr�ker
Date: 11/03/2009, 6:04 am
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Folks,

I'd have flown in to Sydney from Germany tonight, would have travelled down to Canberra, would have attended both shows and would have stayed there 'til saturday morn, would then have been flying over to Melbourne to get to the MSG watching the whole show, would then have been staying over night to fly back to Germany on sunday.

It would have gotten me into serious trouble with my partner as she would not have accepted me spending such an enourmous amount of money to fly halfway across the globe only for those couple of days, it would have set me back financially quite a bit (I have been in Sydney for 2.5 weeks in January already), plus I'd need a holiday to recover from exhaustion afterwards.

But be assured, everyone, if work commitments would not have prevented me from doing it I'd be definitely on my way right now instead of typing these words ;-)

My opinion:  f%&" the money, it's a once-in-a-lifetime event! I've been to WaveAid and the Manly warm-up show, and nothing can take that away from me! I was there! It's something to tell the next generations about! And do I care about the money I've spend on that? You'd be kidding if you think so!

I agree with what's been written before: if in doubt you will be enjoying this event, don't spend money on it, and do not attend!

Everyone else:  E N J O Y !!!!!!  I envy you!  ;-)

Cheers,
-Thomas

Am 10.03.2009 um 20:09 schrieb Rolf Greven:

Sena schreef op 10-03-2009 13:43 uur:

> the lack of rehearsal time would make this all the more interesting and
> fun IMO!!
>
> Kind of like a spontaneous jam. I'd pay $80 or more to be a part of that.
>
> -Sena :-(
> sad in Vermont

Exactly my thoughts...

Too bad I decided it was a bit too much money traveling from
Amsterdam (Netherlands) on such a short notice.

I hope all of you who are going have a lot of fun at the concerts!

Rolf