Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Re: pre-gig fest
From: "Bruce Cameron" <brucewcameron@yahoo.com>
Date: 7/03/2009, 5:04 pm
To: "powderworks" <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>

Well said Luke.
PG has done more for me over the years and help provide far greater respectible options than anyone else. No one else knows how tough it is in behond closed doors that him. And maybe he finds it even tougher than anyone else before him.
Can I suggest that Head Injuries and Bird Noises is the 'must wear'.
Enjoy.

Bruce
816 807 1566

From: "Luke Blackbourn"
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 06:49:17 -0000
To: <powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au>
Subject: [powderworks] Re: pre-gig fest

Gday all

Looking forward to seeing everyone (and the Oils of course). I will be over from Perth for both Canberra gigs, so will be at Transit Bar at 5.30 both nights.

Murphy's Law has struck me- my wife just happens to be on her long-awaited girls'trip to Singapore from Wed-Sunday next week, so I will be making the journey with a 3yo and a 5yo. Lucky for me I have very understanding relatives in Canberia.

I still have 30-odd Oils tees, so will most likely wear one of the Head Injuries version 3- Breaking of the Dry 95, and the other night maybe Bird Noises. Anyway- see you all then.

Re PG's compromises in the political arena: As the great EG Whitlam once said 'Only the impotent are pure'. Who knows how much PG battles in the caucus room, but he has fought the good fight for long enough to always retain my respect.

Looking forward to great gigs and great company.

Cheers

Luke