Midnight Oil

Subject: Powdie T-shirts (was Re: ticketek site)
From: Patricia Daukantas
Date: 7/03/2009, 8:57 am

That was the last time I saw the Oils too!! Boy, you had a long drive. I live in the DC 'burbs....

I have been excitedly reading these messages about the upcoming shows. I wish I could go, but alas, it would take every dollop of cash I could muster, and I don't think it would be prudent for me to spend it all in case my job goes away. Plus, my godchild is applying to college right when her parents' business is imploding due to the damned recession, and I'd like to help her out (again, if my job doesn't go away).

But I hope the Oils ROCK ON!!! And, please, if you get to see them, share your impressions with the rest of us....

Oils forever,
Patty in Maryland
(back to lurking)

To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au
From: brett.beattie@novartis.com
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 02:38:24 +0000
Subject: [powderworks] Re: ticketek site

Some early tee's have not survived so I think I'll go with the Blue Sky Mining Tour with the massive purple powderworks logo hand on the back - some other tees appear to have shrunk a little in the wardrobe for some reason??!!

--- In powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au, "Jeff Bond" <jhbond@...> wrote:

> . . . deciding which t-shirt to wear . . .
>
> Have fun guys. The last time I saw Midnight Oil was March 2002 at The 9:30 club in Washington, DC. I drove up from Raleigh, NC the day of the show and drove straight home after the show. I scored a drumstick that Rob threw into the crowd. The t-shirt I selected for that show was the one several folks in Powderworks designed and sponsored sometime before: maroon with the name Powderworks across the front and the slogan "Who's running the world today?" across the back with the old website address: powderworks@... at the bottom. I've worn it only rarely ever since, but I keep it in my closet as a reminder.
>
> Best Regards, Jeff

Hotmail� is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast. Find out more.