Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] From the Office on audio/video capture
From: Miron Mizrahi
Date: 4/03/2009, 10:57 am
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Midnight Oil

Hi Rob et al

firstly thanks a million for keeping on doing this and communicating with the office, especially when you yourself are not coming. you will be missed

my comments are as follows

1. online stream/webcast seems to be the most challenging. we will need the equipment to capture the a/v, encode the stream, the servers to host the streaming software and the bandwidth. i dont see it happening.
2. what I would suggest is a high quality dvd boot - if we can get the band to sanction. we can record straight off the soundboard. this will provide audio which can be used as s standalone audio boot and the track for the dvd. if anyone has a good video cam, preferrably one that can film in HD and a tripod and we can arrange a good spot we can film the shows. if we want to get really fancy and we have people who can do it we can get 2 cams and edit the dvd with both sources. IMO this is the best option. it is not real time but it will capture it in good quality and in a format that will keep.
3. IF we can get 2jjj to come to the party, they have the ability to stream audio (not sure about video). it is real time but low quality (since it will be mp3, 16bit stereo at best).

we can combine 2 & 3, but IMHO - 2 is the best, most feasible option. there are pretty good boots out there created with a lot less planning and support.

needless to say, I am just an opinion provider here. i am not a taper or a pro a/v guy but i know some on the list are. we would all love you to volunteer to do this but at the same time will totally understand if you decide not to, for whatever reason. if you do, i promise not to venture into the frame yelling "Hi Mom" :)

Miron

How could people get so unkind?