Midnight Oil

Subject: take a chill pill
From: Endurance Dancer
Date: 2/03/2009, 9:40 pm
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au, brucewcameron@yahoo.com

So now do i have to stand next to security all night as i feel too threatended to attend the gig now? Thanks. Youre pure gold. Thanks.
You just riuned my excitement at getting tickets. And no, contrary to your paranoia, im not going to keep them unused.

You know....listening to the oils and going to Pete's gigs all through my teens and 20s tuaght me the value of speaking my mind and voicing political opinions. such a shame that now attending an Oils gig, or contibuting to an Oils fan forum has become the bastion of censorship.
Oils music and politics cant be separated, but thats the beauty of Art. each who listens interperates in personal responses, hence..the personal is the political.

Very very reluctantly pressing send. Lets just keep this nice, hey?

"We will ride, ride, ride one more mile...Let's Ride!"

From: Bruce Cameron <brucewcameron@yahoo.com>
To: quiltybuckle@yahoo.com.au
Cc: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Endurance Dancer – you said “if the Oils reform I will stand out the front and boycott on political grounds.”

You’ve dumped on Garrett just as much as you used to on Howard and thrown your 2c into just about every discussion that has nothing directly to do with the bands’ music. Short memory when it comes to considering all the good they have done over the years. You blurted out the aggressive statement above, which whilst acknowledged as being a hard line stand, I myself thought this to be out of line. That said, you’ve executed an old political trick (or suicide) that basically focuses on promising something so extreme that it appears so impressive on moral commitment, but the driver behind such a statement is that it is never expected the situation involved will eventuate. Well, it has – the Oils reformed. So, are you going to scramble for credibility and deliver on what you promised?

Not sure on all the options, but one would be to ignore the issue and one would be to acknowledge it.

I just hope you haven’t bought any tickets with the idea to let them go unused just to spite more Oils fans that actually want to go in and enjoy the band’s music and atmosphere.

That’s all.

From: rickysan@optusnet.com.au <rickysan@optusnet.com.au>
Subject: Re: [SPAM]RE: [powderworks] the songs they'll be playing
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

                   I agree.

                                     Would always be in any dream Hunters set list i made.