Midnight Oil

Subject: More warmups? Recordings?
From: "petert232323" <petert23@comcast.net>
Date: 26/02/2009, 8:36 am
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Greetings from yet another distant lurker.  Boy, I wish I could get
back to Oz for these gigs!   I used to live in Newport in the 70s
and saw the Oils at the Narrabeen Antlers and the Avalon RSL... Now
in San Francisco...  Anyway, two points.  One, someone asked about
recordings.  Me too!  But keeping in mind the recent Split Enz
reunion, every gig was stealth recorded and later bit-torrented.
I'm SURE the same will happen this time.  Can't wait!  And the
second point... I wonder if some of the other band reforming will
also do warm-up gigs.  The Hunnas bloody well ROCK!  I was fortunate
to see their first gig in Sydney, back in 1980 or so (what was the
name of that posh venue south of Town Hall on George St where they
played?), and a number of times since...

Now, how about a Do Re Mi reunion?!?

Cheers, mates, love reading about your lives and interests on this
list...  What bloody exciting news!  Even if the circumstances are
pretty tragic...

Say, if any of you are ever in the Bay Area, send me a note...

Cheers, Peter Toluzzi