Midnight Oil

Subject: From the Office: Canberra on sale Monday
From: RM
Date: 25/02/2009, 12:51 pm
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Ok,

The Office said this: "Canberra on sale Monday - no point ringing/checking website till then.  Their website is 24 hrs, the box office is 9-5.  I don't know if that means they go on sale midnight sunday or not but if i get that info I'll pass it along."

The Office has also advised me that their mail has been flooded, and that they are unable to process the incoming mail volume at present ... it's being stored for later processing.  I expect that this mail volume will only increase over the next 2 weeks.

We (Powderworkers) have to try to resolve issues and find and share information with out own collective cleverness.  Last time we had internationals getting Aussies to pre-buy tickets for the warm-ups and cash-up (at face value only!) on arrival in the country / at the door on the night, some bunking in Aussies lounges and catching car-rides with them.  Same thing for Aussies buying a few t-shirts for internationals who can't make it.   Don't ask The Office from now-on for local-knowledge like how to catch buses, get tickets etc.  They are too busy organizing the actual band issues to manage fan issues.   BTW always use your usual nutter-filters to safety-check any contacts you make over the Internet - we've never had an issue inside Powderworks, but I guess it is possible.  I had some great times with Powderworkers from interstate and overseas a decade ago!

Go for it!

RM