Midnight Oil

Subject: Re: [powderworks] Oils bushfire gig rumour?
From: david earle
Date: 15/02/2009, 9:43 am
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Can't see it happening either - and it's probably a good thing for various reasons, not least because they'd start to look like their own tribute band.

Better to let the new incarnation of ex-Oils to do it if they want, preferably playing mostly new songs. Means they wouldn't be headliners, but so what?

From: oldshepherd1970 <oldshepherd1970@ yahoo.fr>
Subject: [powderworks] Re: People's thoughts on the Vic bushfires
To: powderworks@ yahoogroups. com.au

Hi Powdies of the world,
Here in France, we have images of the fires in the news with grim
casualty reports. Though, I can see that no one around here really
feels concerned: Oz is so far, it could be on another planet.

Fear of unemployment is first priority in people's thoughts.

As a traveler, I visited this part of Australia in September 2002.
Back then, I remember, the land was very dry, even farmland.
I cannot say that I have friends there, but for sure I met so many
good people that I feel more concerned than the common French.

Is it an effect of climate change? Or is it a severe effect of the
infamous El Nino/La Nina?
It seems to me it is more likely the usual suspect: the criminally
Insane who sets forests on fire…in Southern France, California &
anywhere.