Midnight Oil

Subject: RE: [powderworks] Digest Number 1291
From: "Powderlurker ." <powderlurker@hotmail.com>
Date: 15/02/2009, 2:11 am

I think, at this point, Pete will do whatever the hell Pete wants to do.
Don't hold yr breath, though!

Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 15:46:10 +0000
From: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au
To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au
Subject: [powderworks] Digest Number 1291

powderworks

      powderworks

    Messages In This Digest      (1
              Message)

                      1.

   Oils bushfire gig rumour?
  From:
      Endurance Dancer

          View All Topics | Create New Topic

           Message

        1.

        Oils bushfire gig rumour?

    Posted by:      "Endurance Dancer"
      quiltybuckle@yahoo.com.au

          quiltybuckle

      Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:30 pm        (EST)

            I read in yesterday's Age that Pete's is being hassled by Michael Coppel and Chugg to reform our boyfriends for a bushfire benefit gig.

I dont think it'll happen. And I dont think its appropriate for Peter to sing songs that oppose his Govenments policies. Unless Rudd lets him do it and puts a massive bit in his mouth. Then thats boring.

"We will ride, ride, ride one more mile...Let's Ride!"

From: oldshepherd1970 <oldshepherd1970@yahoo.fr>

Subject: [powderworks] Re: People's thoughts on the Vic bushfires

To: powderworks@yahoogroups.com.au

Hi Powdies of the world,

Here in France, we have images of the fires in the news with grim

casualty reports. Though, I can see that no one around here really

feels concerned: Oz is so far, it could be on another planet.

Fear of unemployment is first priority in people's thoughts.

As a traveler, I visited this part of Australia in September 2002.

Back then, I remember, the land was very dry, even farmland.

I cannot say that I have friends there, but for sure I met so many

good people that I feel more concerned than the common French.

Is it an effect of climate change? Or is it a severe effect of the

infamous El Nino/La Nina?

It seems to me it is more likely the usual suspect: the criminally

Insane who sets forests on fire�in Southern France, California &

anywhere.